You’re welcome to walk our 20 acres of kettles and moraines crested with towering oaks and lush with an abundance of native prairie plants and wildlife. Or just sit…choose a porch or a parlor where our collection of period publications might catch your eye.
“Old World Wisconsin”, a unique outdoor museum of living history, is one-half mile from our door. About three miles west, you’ll find the headquarters of the Kettle Moraine State Forest, Southern Unit . Lapham Peak, part of the Kettle Moraine is a 20 minute drive. The Kettle Moraine State Forest offers miles of hiking, biking, horse and cross country ski trails. Downhill skiing, sledding, biking, shopping, antique hunting, golfing, lakes for fishing, boating and swimming, plus several riding stables are all nearby. If you would like assistance in planning your stay, just ask. We would be pleased to assist.
Use our interactive map to see all the great things to do around us.
Use the controls to zoom in and out. Click on any green marker to learn more.
- Southern Kettle Moraine State Forest, Southern Unit,. S91w39091 State Road 59, Eagle, WI 53119(262) 594-6200
- Old World Wisconsin: An outdoor museum of immigrant farm and village life with museum store and restaurant. 262-594-6300 firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on joining the Old World Wisconsin Foundation and Friends events, visit www.friendsoww.org.
- For information on the FRIENDS of the Wisconsin Historical Society and April 28, 2018 Benefit Vintage and Antiques Auction or to donate unwanted antiques, visit www.friendswisconsinhistory.org
- Eagle Historical Society: Historic building with artifacts and records related to Eagle. Open Wed. evening & Sat. morning or by appointment. 262-594-2676
- Kettle Moraine State Forest Southern Unit: 20,000 acre forest. Pick up trail maps and other information at the nearby visitor’s center. 262-594-6200
- The Union House, a restaurant, and a step beyond fine dining. Genesee Depot. (262)968-4281. www.theunionhouse.com.
- Winterhorse Park Icelandic Horse Farm, Eagle. Featuring Icelandic horses, symposiums & more. (262) 594-5152 www.winterhorse.com.
- Kettle Moraine Ranch. Horseback riding & weddings. Eagle. (262)594-2122. www.kettlemoraineranch.com
- East Troy Railroad Museum – The East Troy Electric Railroad runs from Mukwonago to East Troy. Built in 1907 by the Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light Company, it continues as both a living shortline as well as a museum. About 15 minutes away. 262-548-3837 May – October.
- Ice Age Park & Trail – the Ice Age Trail comes within miles of our door.
- LaGrange General Store, Cafe & Deli. Open daily. Bike & Ski Rental, Sales & Repair. 262-495-8600 – backyardbikes.com
- Holy Cannoli Restaurant– Enjoy a fine dining experience, Italian food like never before at HolyCannoli Restaurant, www.holicannoli.com N7065 U.S. Highway 12. Elkhorn, WI 53121. (262) 742-2500. Closed Tuesday in summer. Check winter hours.
- Wild 3L Ranch offers horseback trail rides through the Southern Kettle Moraine Forest. Open all year. RESERVATIONS required. 920-251-1989. www.wild3Lranch.com.
- Ten Chimneys National Historic Landmark is the estate lovingly created by theatre legends Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne. Open to the public as a world-class house museum. www.tenchimneys.org Genesee Depot, WI Reservations recommended. 262-968-4110.
- Great SHOPPING in nearby Delafield & Lake Geneva. Also Johnson Creek & Kenosha Outlet Malls.
- ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE http://alpinevalleymusictheatre.org Nestled in the gorgeous greenery of East Troy, Wisconsin, Alpine Valley Music Theatre established itself long ago as one of the state’s premier venues for live music.